The Writer, Branded Content serves as the voice of the CollegeHumor Originals offering within the Branded Content Team, as well as contributing daily to Custom and Creative Services RFPs and proactive pitches across all CH Media properties. Responsibilities include daily participation in brainstorms to produce high-quality concepts that retain the voice of our channels while serving the needs of the brand, writing Branded Content pitches and deliverables, serving as the on-set presence or in-house Branded liaison in California for the Originals and Production teams, and trafficking West Coast communication and deliverables.
- Creative Concepting and Writing:
1. Participate in daily brainstorms for Native, Custom and Creative Services requests.
2. Consistently generate high quality ideas across multiple platforms and formats to solve client requests and needs, with an eye for maintaining our Native voice
3. Write pitches for RFPs
4. Take the lead on writing Native Branded scripts and treatments, and Custom or Creative Services as necessary.
5. Help facilitate discussion with Originals team over Branded Content concerns, along with Executive Creative Director and Associate Creative Director, as necessary.
6. Manage the ideation and writing regarding CollegeHumor Originals content when it has a branded/sales function (example: theme weeks)
7. Help ensure that the Branded Content Team’s writing and solutions are delivered promptly and are consistently the best possible creative product for all clients.
8. Serve to protect the Native Voice of our individual channels, with a specific eye towards CollegeHumor Originals, in internal strategic discussions.
9. Edit other writers’ scripts as necessary
10. Providing supplemental support as needed to Associate Creative Director responsibilities
- West Coast Trafficking: Help ensure that all concepting and production processes are being followed, with an eye on content involving CollegeHumor Originals
1. Help manage internal communication regarding CHO content when it has a branded/sales function (example: theme weeks)
2. Help verify feasibility for all Branded ideas requiring CollegeHumor Originals resources
- Client and Production Liaison:
1. Serve as West Coast on-set creative representative from Branded Content, especially when Executive Creative Director or Associate Creative Director are not able to attend.
2. Attend pitch and presentations of concepts and deliverables to clients as necessary, especially West Coast clients
3. Offer thoughts and notes to respond to client feedback
4. Serve as the West Coast internal representative from Branded Content to Production concerns as necessary.
5. Provide notes on cuts
6. Sit in on casting sessions or editing sessions when necessary