The Strategy department is responsible for understanding, developing, and planning the future of the infrastructure and flow of data within the organization, as well as being integral to the strategic vision of creating a culture of data-driven decision-making. The Business Data Analyst will support the Strategy team by leveraging internal and external data through exploratory data analysis, statistical modeling, and data visualization in order to provide insights into organizational performance and complex business problems. The role will report directly to the Director of Strategy and Analytics.
- Work independently and collaboratively to understand business processes, underlying data, and reporting needs.
- Create data visualizations, presentations, and reproducible reports that communicate methodology and key findings for internal use.
- Create workflows to manage and integrate internal and external data sources.
- Develop and monitor reporting of ticket sales, partnerships, and marketing performance.
- Analyze effectiveness of marketing tactics and sales campaigns.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of analytics and business intelligence software.
- Analyze ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computational and Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field.
- Strong technical skill with R, Python, or other programming languages.
- Basic proficiency with SQL.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools/packages such as Tableau, ggplot, and matplotlib.
- Experience with CRM systems, specifically Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics, and implementation partners such as KORE.
- Experience supporting a data warehouse.