Under the supervision of the Manager of Event Management, the Coordinator of Event Management will assist with the supervision of all non-instructional use of college facilities. Duties include promoting events and conference services to local and national businesses; assisting clients with planning of events; scheduling and coordinating room assignments; overseeing room set up; coordinating support services; attending and monitoring events; maintaining database and files; handling contract administration; handling department accounts receivables/accounts payable. The Coordinator of Event Management will have a cohesive relationship with the support services of the College
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your application and attached documents address the criteria listed below:
- Directly assists the Manager of Event Management with the coordinating and managing event support staff (Facilities, Grounds, Audio Visual Technology Services and Events, Catering Services and Campus Police) as it relates to room set-up, logistics and to ensure appropriate facility usage.
- Responsible for reserving, organizing, coordinating, monitoring necessary logistical requirements and supervising related staff for events held at Prince George’s Community College. Serves as the primary contact for the events assigned.
- Identify and implement critical customer service standards in support of the College’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Supervise and evaluates the Events Management Assistant and all other assigned staff.
- Coordinates and ensures the proper entry maintenance of data in the scheduling software to all non-academic activities held on campus. Schedules and conducts site visits with the community and governmental groups for the scheduling of facilities.
- Ensures that all scheduled activities have adequate and appropriate space allocated and that services needed to support the scheduled activities are provided in an efficient and effective manner. Conducts periodic surveys and studies to evaluate the quality of executed/delivered services.
- Prepares, schedules and chair the weekly Event Support Services Committee meetings. Disseminates the weekly events report to key Staff and Administrators.
- Responsible for receiving and depositing payment for facility use and rental for services rendered for outside agencies. Assists the Manager of Event Management in providing fiscal data on revenue generated per quarter from room reservations made by external customers.
- Interprets rules and regulations pertaining to all aspects of scheduling including college and state policies, county and health department codes, insurance requirements, and alcohol service, usage, and consumption for college and public events.