The Supply Chain Analyst is a subject matter expert for the inventory management team that should exhibit strong knowledge in replenishment theory, mathematical approach, and system/tool operations. This position is responsible for ensuring that our replenishment system is operating effectively and our third party replenishment partners are executing as expected. Delivery of test control analysis, implementation and design of new systems, and presentation of analytical projects are norm deliverables within the role.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Review weekly exception reporting; identify issues around store service level and inventory targets; develop and implement corrective action plans to ensure goals and objectives are maintained.
- Research and review system anomalies that are causing negative impact on KPI and recommend action for resolution.
- Define and manage inventory Hold and Flow strategies that align with the company’s financial targets.
- Manage the relationship with Family Dollar’s third party replenishment provider.
- Have the ability to design and create new tools that create efficienciency and solve complex issues across the inventory management team. Knowledge of SQL, VBA, SAS and database design are often necessary to complete such tasks.
- Assist in designing and testing system upgrades and tool changes that impact the inventory management team.
- Perform maintenance duties on active tools that drive inventory management’s daily execution.
- Perform duties as an inventory management subject matter expert.
- Present pre/post and test/control analysis during projects to imply incremental profitability during tests.
- Other duties as assigned.